1st Degree Robbery Steals more than your money. My sister in law was mugged in the mall parking lot. It was late and the area she was parked was away from the building. She has done this dozens of times before taking her son dinner at work. Because she was alert walking in the parking lot she saw him coming towards her.
5’10, black male, angry and moving fast towards her. She made it in the car!|
He snatched the door open and assaulted her in a small car, the punches to her face left her lifeless and unable to fight. He took $70 and ran.
Over $70 she was left with three broke bones in her face and now looking at plastic surgery and a life ahead of a new view of people, safety, new fears, and new alertness.
She has been exposed to a trauma that no one knows the effect off until later down the road and or when she is faced with something that will trigger a emotion – a sound, a movement, a scent.
We all see this on TV – we read it in the papers – we hear it happen every day on the news. When it hits home it affects you in a whole different way. We are blessed she is still with us – she ONLY has 3 broken bones. He was a big man – it could have been worse and thank God he only wanted her money.
Our goal is to make the Greenwood Mall in Bowling Green Kentucky add cameras to the parking lot – add more security in the mall and someone making rounds in the parking lot.
Millions of dollars are being spent at the mall – they need to protect the welfare of the ones who spend their time there.
Ladies be alert!
* Know who and what is around you.
* Don’t sit in your car with the doors unlocked.
* Have your keys in your hand ready to enter the car when you get the parking lot.
* Don’t unlock your doors to far away from the vehicle.
* Keep your purse close to you, walk briskly to your car
* Hold your keys between your fingers to make them a weapon if needed like a punch.
* Learn to use a gun or take a class on how to protect yourself
Please share this post – We have to make more people alert to the things we have gotten comfortable with.